In broadcast 5 of TecnoTur, Tanya Castañeda will introduce us to Gloria Leal, Associate Director of the Nuevo Herald. Gloria talks to us about her professional career as a journalist, and her perspective on the future of newspapers. Later, Allan Tépper will guide us on a virtual trip to Spain, where Ashok Chopra and Verónica Micossi of Tecnotur (Spain) will tell us all about thet technology of the “XXI century hotel”. Finally, we return to Miami, where Rubén Abruña and Allan discuss the three available options when editing HD video: When to edit native, When hybrid, when native, and Why.
Posts from ‘September, 2009’
Why are we 180 degrees out of phase? I’m not talking about subcarrier phase, hue, or even audio phase. I’m talking about the 180-degree phase difference between the way professional videographers and die-hard still photographers perceive the new extremely high resolution hybrid cameras, many of which are DSLRs. When I say hybrid, I mean a camera that is equally appropriate for shooting both still photos and HD video (at least when used with a tripod or shoulder harness and related accessories). Following are the reasons why many videographers are ecstatic with the footage shot with these new cameras from a growing number of manufacturers, while many die-hard still photographers are often experiencing goose bumps. (More…)
Universal Web Video: Make a single file compatible with both Flash and iPhone
- How to create a single pristine video file for the web, which is playable both with a Flash player (even on Windows without QuickTime installed), as well as on an iPhone, iPod Touch, Palm Pre, and Blackberry multimedia models.
- When (and when not) to de-interlace your material, and at what step in your workflow.
- Inexpensive software & hardware tools that improve quality and save time when you encode for the web, or various other SD and HD devices.
- Legal and practical reasons why you are often better off using your own web server, rather than certain popular free web streaming services.
- Discounts for all attendees on software, and on flat-rate web hosting with unlimited bandwidth.
- 50% discount off the seminar fee for matriculated students, professors, and teachers.
About the seminar:
- Date: Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 6:00 p.m. — 9:00 p.m.
- Language: This seminar will be presented in English. (Comuníquese con nosotros sobre otros seminarios que presentamos en castellano.).
- Computer: There is no reason to bring your laptop to follow along with the presentation, but you may bring yours if you would like to do so. The tools shown are MacOS X based, but the basic concepts can be applied to other platforms.
- Fee: US$100/person, prepaid to Midtown Video via major credit card. A 50% discount is offered to matriculated students, professors, and teachers. You may fax or bring your proof.
- Registration: Space is limited. Please call Midtown Video at 305-669-1117 to register ASAP, or at the latest by September 30th.
- Location: Midtown Video, 4824 SW 74th Court, Miami FL 33155